Using the right fabrics for your baby and kids summer wardrobe will make an enormous difference to the quality of their sleep. And remember, when baby is newborn, they can’t regulate their body temperature, so it’s up to you. Luckily, choosing cool baby clothes for our summer nights is actually quite easy. The key is to choose natural, organic, breathable fabrics.
As a guide, our Elves have put together some cool baby clothes tips to help your baby and toddler to have a more restful night.
Choosing the Right Organic Fabric for Cool Baby Clothes
We think the number one choice for hot summer nights is Muslin. It’s perfect because it allows great ventilation and body moisture absorption whilst also keeping baby lightly covered. As a result, we offer a range of organic muslin baby wraps and blankets that are just right on a hot summers night. Use them as a beautiful summer blanket or for swaddling. In addition, we stock muslin bloomers and light tops for cool baby clothes.
Organic cotton sleepwear for Cool Baby Clothes
We often get asked if cotton is too heavy for summer nights. In fact, if it’s natural organic cotton, then absolutely not. It’s another great fabric that’s both breathable and absorbent. Just make sure it’s organic. This ensures no chemicals or synthetics are included in the fabric. This way, baby will get the maximum comfort and benefits.
More Tips from the Elves to Keep Cool
As we stated earlier, it’s important to regulate your baby’s room temperature because they can’t regulate their body temperature yet. Here’s a few ways to help ensure a good nights sleep.
- If you have one, keep the AC to about 24 to 26 degrees
- Minimise the number of layers on your baby
- Babies love a tepid bath, day or night, to soothe and cool them
- Keep baby’s room ventilated at night but keep curtains or blinds closed during the day to help keep it cool
- Try keeping you ‘heat bags’ in the freezer for a great way to keep baby cool at night
- Sleep on natural fibers like wool. It’s great for breath-ability and absorption.