Ever since I started Elves in the Wardrobe in 2015, I believe that when it comes to sustainability every big and small step along the way will help to create a better planet for our kids and the next generations to come and grow up in.
I believe in Slow-Fashion, Not Fast-Fashion
But how does that look on a day to day level at Elves in the Wardrobe you might ask?
Naturally it is an ever evolving process of growing with my vision and the possibilities to provide sustainable, eco-friendly organic products and services for our customers.
- Choosing the right brands that have the same core values us we do
is something truly essential to this small business.
The heartfelt range of sustainable brands available,
stands for magical designs, organic materials, ensuring proper treatment of every worker every step along the production way as well as durability and long lifespan of each product.
- Once the products arrived at our shop, we then recycle every bit
of plastic wrapping.
- Trying to encourage brands to make the switch to plastic free or biodegradable packaging. See our blog interview with loud+proud on being a plastic free kids fashion label.
- We are also putting the same care into preparing every order for shipping.
- All orders get packed in compostable packaging and invoices
are printed on recycled paper.
- With plastic waste being a major concern in the fashion industry, Elves in the Wardrobe has joined The PLASTIC COLLECTIVE on their amazing mission to support remote communities to establish a profitable plastic recycling enterprise. The Plastic Community is a local foundation trying to empower the world’s most vulnerable and remote communities to address the plastic waste epidemic.
It is amazing to see how many people are already out there doing something and inspire me with their ideas, products, knowledge and enthusiasm for a better future of our planet.
That in itself is a great encouragement on the ever growing and overwhelming negative news about the state of our planet.
I am forever grateful for all the amazing support you have shown Elves in the Wardrobe over the last 3 years with every single order placed and I am hoping to continue my work by providing a beautiful range of organic baby & kids clothes to all of you, slowly changing the consumer mindset for a healthier and more sustainable way of living.
One Piece of Clothing at the Time.
Please feel free to shout out about anything, including the beautiful work of the Plastic Collective, please feel free to get in contact with me.
I love to hear from you.